Monday, January 26, 2009

Continuing change

In my attempts to get back into circulation, I have been pleased to find out about a number of ideas to follow up.

My recently acquired electronic organ, a very sophisticated instrument, is a challenge since I have had lessons only on the piano, my other keyboard skills have been trial and error, with only a little professional advice.

However, with reference to the owners manual, I am beginning to get some good sounds, and my sight reading of simple melodies and accompaniments are noticeably improving.

I am looking at some ballroom dancing classes - I danced a lot as a young man and also was involved in folk and barn dances - I am not sure whether my advancing years will restrict any development here but it is a physical exercise that I enjoy.

I am also looking out for folk clubs and poetry readings - activities that I relished in the past, but again performance skills will not be as they were.

Further news to come

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment